Thanks Team Tonic!

Expats Post: http://expatspost.com/category/columns/sips-of-jen-and-tonic/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jandtonic

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jandtonic

Le Clown’s Bloggy Blog: http://clownonfire.wordpress.com/

Le Clown’s Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/AClownOnFire

Thanks again everyone!!

61 Responses to “Thanks Team Tonic!”

1. Melanie 05/05/2012 at 1:41 pm #

Is it too late to enter for the give-away? I’m going to follow you. You’re sweet. I need some sweetness in my life. I can’t picture you punching a baby in the face for fun lol.

Love Peace and Chicken Grease!

Melanie

• Jen and Tonic 05/06/2012 at 10:08 pm #

Noooooo, you’re not too late! I guess I should have put a “close date” on the contest. I suck at contests apparently 😉

He’s lying when he says I punch babies in the face for fun. He KNOWS I only do that to senior citizens.

Thanks for the follow!

2. Aric 05/02/2012 at 12:31 pm #

Hi honey!

So I don’t usually comment because I figure all of your peeps don’t need to hear me being sappy but my gut told me to write this time anyway.

I feel very lucky to have you in my life. You’re an awesome friend, supporter, lover, writer, woman, and all around kick-ass person.

I know first hand all the time and energy you put into being the awesome writer everyone loves and adores. You deserve every page view and more. Keep being you and the word will continue to spread — The Jenster is amazing!

Much love,

-Aric

p.s. You are SOOO cute in that video and I get to see that same cuteness every day! MWAHAHAAAA, excellent. But wait… it occurs to me that perhaps I’m ruining some of your street cred.

**note to all adoring J&T fans: Jen does not have a cute side. She is not adorable in the least in her day to day life, nor does she have an ounce of compassion for anyone. She is soulless. She punches babies in the face for fun, aims to run over squirrels while driving, and laughs maniacally at elderly who fall down and can’t get up.**

• Jen and Tonic 05/05/2012 at 2:30 pm #

You also forgot that time I stole money from a church collection plate.

Thank you for always being so ridiculously supportive, and telling me that I WILL make this writing thing happen for me. I know it’s hard for people who don’t write to understand a writer’s need to share his/her story with the world, but you do a beautiful job of not questioning that process. You just encourage without hesitation.

I am lucky to have you in my life, I really am. Who else would let me walk around the house and say, “I’m kind of a big deal!”

Love always 🙂
      JenJen

3. Janene 05/02/2012 at 12:27 pm #

Congratulations, Jen! That is a HUGE accomplishment and so well deserved. Spreadin’ the love and laughter everywhere. Yay!!

• Jen and Tonic 05/05/2012 at 2:24 pm #

Thanks, Janene! From someone I consider a funny chick, that’s quite the compliment.

4. Jen 04/30/2012 at 8:40 pm #

Say what??? Congrats! You totally deserve that barrage of views. I loved hearing and seeing you in that vlog…you’re all sparkly eyes and precious heart. If I’m able to entertain and capture people’s imagination half as well as you, I’ll be able to hang my blogging hat and say yeah girrrrl! I did it. 🙂

• Jen and Tonic 05/05/2012 at 2:23 pm #

Sparkly eyes and precious heart?! Were you watching the right video? 😉

You always entertain me, and I love the sincerity with which you write. You make people feel like they’ve known you forever, and that’s such a great gift to give.

• Jen 05/06/2012 at 6:22 pm #

LOL of course I was watching the right video. I’m a pretty good judge of character dude…and you…have the goods!

Awww, thank you for saying that. I hope people enjoy that kind of writing and not feel I’m the annoying friend they have that just talks too much about totally inappropriate things all the time.

5. Smaktakula 04/30/2012 at 11:19 am #

Awesome! So that’s Jen all “in the flesh!”

• Jen and Tonic 04/30/2012 at 11:20 am #

Yep. The moment none of you have been waiting for!

6. bpshielsy 04/30/2012 at 1:58 am #

I would love a Cheetah in the post!

Firstly, because they’re my second favourite big cat & secondly, the reaction from my two cats as the big fella walked through the door would be priceless.

Errmmm can I have this instead of the freebie you’re giving away 🙂

• Jen and Tonic 05/05/2012 at 10:24 pm #

I’m currently working on procuring a cheetah. I hope your current kitties won’t mind.

7. Just Rambling 04/30/2012 at 12:18 am #

See??? I told you, 22!!! 😀 10000 views is just sooo good, you’re good! And I still have to eat a sandwich. Yep. I might do it now… bye!

• Jen and Tonic 05/05/2012 at 10:28 pm #

HA! I’ve found the fountain of youth!! I just act immaturely, and it shaves 10 years off of my age.

8. Mari Sanchez Cayuso 04/29/2012 at 9:25 pm #

Pretty rad chica..
    Friend of COF is a friend of mine, cheers : )

9. Bill Friday 04/29/2012 at 3:17 pm #

Since you were the one responsible for convincing me to go YouTube with my poetry, I have to say that it’s nice to see you heeding your own advice, and giving everyone an extra shot of The Tonic in this vlog sip. Knowing you as a colleague (and a peer) for the last five years has made me a better writer than I thought I ever could be. And knowing you as a friend has made me a better person than I thought I ever could be. You deserve every bit of success that has come your way… and you will deserve every bit of success yet to come.

Thank you for everything my friend, and congratulations. Here’s to 10,000 (times 10,000) more.

• Jen and Tonic 04/29/2012 at 7:16 pm #

BILL!
      Life is funny in that you can get inspiration from the same person you’re giving inspiration to. Remember what I said to you in my last e-mail?

It has been a crazy 5 years (especially around October of last year) and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to write alongside you during that time. You’re a fantastic writer, and an even better friend!

Maybe a Friday-Tonic duet is in order? YOLO!

10. Katy Kern 04/29/2012 at 12:40 pm #

How lovely to see your beautiful face and to hear your awesome voice! This just made my day!
    And congrats on the pageviews, girl!!!

Love you!

• Jen and Tonic 04/29/2012 at 12:57 pm #

Katy!!! Thank you so much 🙂 I’m glad to have met you when I did, and to be on this awesome journey together. Thanks for always being such a supportive friend.

11. Garry Crystal 04/29/2012 at 11:03 am #

Much cuteness. 10,000 and counting well deserved views, great stuff from Jen from the block…and I want a cheetah.

• Jen and Tonic 04/29/2012 at 12:55 pm #

Unfortunately, the US will not allow me to send a cheetah overseas. I can send you a cheetah print speedo!

12. Brian Westbye 04/29/2012 at 9:42 am #

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. expatspost 04/29/2012 at 9:41 am #

You Go Jen, Youtube…Dunzo 🙂

14. Ben Lacey 04/29/2012 at 9:06 am #

You’re even more adorable “in person”. 😉 Congratulations.

• Jen and Tonic 04/29/2012 at 9:49 am #

Thanks, Ben! I do have a certain charm about me that says, “I’m really crazy. Not in the ‘I’ll rip your face and wear it as as mask’ way, but the kind that calls for therapy and a lot of liquor.”

15. Patty Durgan 04/29/2012 at 9:02 am #

I want to win a cheetah!

Congrats, Jen! I’m so happy and excited for you. I know you’ll continue to do great things.

• Jen and Tonic 04/29/2012 at 9:48 am #

I think you earn a prize simply for having to listen to all of my stories on a daily basis. Actually, that probably earns you Saint Status.

16. Paul Chapman 04/29/2012 at 8:46 am #

Firstly, I want to say it’s so awesome to see you and secondly that I am absolutely delighted for you on your progress in doing what you love. You are incredibly talented and gifted with a razor- sharp wit. Here’s to the next chapter!

• Jen and Tonic 04/29/2012 at 9:46 am #

Paul! I know I’ve said this a billion times to you, but I’m glad that a series of interesting events brought us together as friends. You are always so supportive, and having you here with me on this journey has been wonderful. Thank you!!

Now go do some doctorly stuff you bigwig!

17. Cher Duncombe 04/29/2012 at 8:09 am #

Jen, you are so unique and lovely. May you have many, many more readers! Thank your for your irrepresible humor that brightens each day. Your writing makes ever day a little brighter. 🙂

• Jen and Tonic 04/29/2012 at 9:43 am #

For all of you reading these comments, please take note that this woman is largely responsible for me getting back into writing. She is one of the most endearing and encouraging human beings on this planet.

Thank you for always being one of my biggest supporters. You’re amazing!!

18. saradraws 04/29/2012 at 8:06 am #

You’re dreamy. I want to touch you…not in a naughty way…more like as some shrine that draws millions from every part of the world. Santa Jen de los Tonicas.
    May I remark on the enviable mastery you have over your eyebrow muscles? It was a little dance on your forehead, and it was beautiful.

• Jen and Tonic 04/29/2012 at 9:41 am #

I dream of the day when someone erects a statue of me, and it ends up in a park where pigeons just crap all over it.

About the eyebrows…I’m Irish and Mexican. We have very expressive (and drunk) faces. It’s how I get my way with almost anything- I propose an idea, and just let people get lost in my brow dance.

19. John the Aussie 04/29/2012 at 8:06 am #

Hey congrats!

Freaky, I really did eat a sammich for lunch!

Nice work with the vlog. Hope to see more!!

• Jen and Tonic 04/29/2012 at 9:39 am #

I tapped into your mind before the blog post, and that’s how I came up with the sandwich bit. Actually, I was staring at you through your kitchen window, but let’s keep that between you and me. My parole officer doesn’t seem to like it when I do that.

20. Stacie Chadwick 04/29/2012 at 7:04 am #

I listened to your vlog while cleaning up the aftermath of homemade chocolate chip pancakes. My three kids and two of their friends listened in too, so thank you for not dropping the f-bomb. You’re awesome, and SO super-sweet. And funny. Congrats. =)

• Jen and Tonic 04/29/2012 at 9:37 am #

Fucky fuck fuck. Now I feel better.

Wouldn’t you have been really surprised if I had said, “Hey, Little Chadwicks, guess what? Your mom isn’t drinking apple juice, she’s drinking JUNGLE JUICE.”

21. TJLubrano 04/29/2012 at 6:41 am #

You are SO cute! To speak in your own words…”Ohmigod!” I seriously loved the vlog and you deserve every single view and much much more! Ah happiness ^_^

• Jen and Tonic 04/29/2012 at 9:35 am #

Thanks, TJ! I would actually love to see YOU do one. When I watch Ancilla’s videos I just stare at the screen like @_@ listening to that accent. If you did it too, my mind might blow up from excitement.

22. the howler and me 04/29/2012 at 6:34 am #

YAY!!! (i had better get up now and get the howler some food before he stares a hole right through my noggin)

• Jen and Tonic 04/29/2012 at 9:34 am #

You do not want to upset the howler. May I suggest feeding him a sandwich?

23. El Guapo 04/29/2012 at 6:28 am #

Congrats on encouraging people to eat sandwiches for lunch!
    Oh, and on the 10000 views too…
    And now I can say I knew her when she was just in the four digit range.
    Rock on, Jen!

• Jen and Tonic 04/29/2012 at 9:27 am #

Your Guapness (I’m making that name happen whether you like it or not):
      One day I shall put out a book, and send you a signed copy. You will then be able to sell it on Ebay for at least 2 bucks.

You’re welcome.

24. clownonfire 04/29/2012 at 6:13 am #

You rock. You’re such an unbelievable person – and blogger. I’ll write more. Lord Evil Poppy is wiggly in my arms while typing….
    Your friend,
    Le Clown

• Jen and Tonic 04/29/2012 at 9:25 am #

Dear Lord Evil Poppy,
      It is not often I get critical acclaim, so if you could kindly step away from Le Clown’s arms and let him shower me with adoration, I’d appreciate it.

All my love,
      J&T

• clownonfire 04/29/2012 at 9:27 am #

DeAAR Not Mummy,
        Suq it.
        Lord Puppie

• Jen and Tonic 04/29/2012 at 9:29 am #

I apologize LEP. I should have known my place. Forgive me?

25. clownonfire 04/29/2012 at 6:12 am #

Reblogged this on Le Clown On Fire and commented:
    A special thank you vlog by Jen from Sips of Jen and Tonic. Go and watch it and follow her, of course. Le Clown

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )