I’m going to come right out and apologize to Teri over at the The Narcissist’s Blog. I’ve received a few blog awards from her in the last month, and I’m just now getting around to accepting them. Teri, I hope you know that I sincerely appreciate all of the love you’ve been throwing my blog’s way!
Back in January she nominated me for the the Versatile Blogger Award as well as the 7X7 Link Award. I’ve previously received the Versatile Blogger Award so I won’t be doing a full-fledged acceptance post for that one. Please visit this post as well as this one to see which bloggers I think are muy fantastico.
Now on to the 7×7 Link Award…
Rules to this award:
- Thank the person who gave it to you.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Share 7 of your worthy posts under the following headers: Most Beautiful Piece, Most Helpful, Most Popular, Most Controversial, Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Underrated, and Most Pride Worthy.
- Nominate seven other bloggers and notify them.
So here goes….
#1: Giving Thanks
Teri, thank you so much for passing this award along to me. It’s nice enough to win something, but when you receive it from someone whose posts you look forward to, it makes it that much more awesome. You rock the blogosphere!
#2: 7 Random Things
- I’m a human garbage disposal and will eat just about anything, but I can’t stomach breaded meats. I don’t care how “unbelievably delicious” your family recipe is, I will not eat shady meat concealed in a crumbly coating. Pork chops are equally disgusting.
- I read magazines from the back to the front. I used to do this with newspapers…when they still existed.
- I detest the sound of people licking envelopes. Something about the way the paper crinkles drives me absolutely nuts.
- I flush all public toilets with my foot. The moment I can no longer get my leg that high is the moment I start wearing adult diapers.
- I clean up my hotel room before I checkout. I wipe down the counters, put all of the used towels in a pile, and make sure the bed looks somewhat neat. Additionally, I always leave a tip.
- I absolutely cannot wear white without spilling on myself. I’m not the most pristine person to begin with, but ink, coffee, dirt, paint, food and makeup always find their way to me when I’m wearing white.
- I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. A writer is obviously at the top of my list, but I think I’d also like to try my hand at being an echocardiographer or renewable energy engineer or graphic designer or coffee shop owner….the list could go on and on.
#3: Post Shout-Outs
Most Beautiful Piece: Love Sucks? (Okay, I didn’t write it on this blog, but I did write it!)
Most Helpful: How-to: Not Suck as a Person
Most Popular: Sippin’ on Some Tonic
Most Controversial: Dear John
Most Surprisingly Successful: You’ve Got Mail
Most Underrated: I’m not putting anything here. If my audience didn’t like it, that doesn’t mean it was underrated. It means it wasn’t as good as I thought it was.
Most Pride Worthy: Happy Mirthday! (Not my greatest post, but I’m proud that I reflected on my age with hope and grace.)
Thanks again, Teri! And thanks to all of you who read, comment and share my posts. It really does mean so much to me.