Fa La La Le Clown

16 Dec

There is this little blogger named Le Clown, and he runs a small operation here on WordPress called A Clown on Fire. If you don’t know of his blog I’m going to assume that this is your first day on the internet. He recently approached me to participate in a guessing game on his blog. The conversation went like this:

Le Clown: “You are the most magnificent writer on the planet, and my blog needs you.”

Me: “Duh.”

Starting today, he will be posting five holiday posts (one each day) from five different bloggers who will remain anonymous. Your job is to guess who the author of each post is. The participants are (in alphabetical order):

1. Jen & Tonic (Hint: I authored all of them)
  2. Le Clown
  3. Madame Weebles
  4. Rarasaur
  5. Speaker7

This is a test in how strong my writing voice is, and how well my Hooked on Tonics know me. Will you be able to pick me out of an anonymous lineup?

Please visit his blog every day this week, and take your guess as to which blogger you think wrote each post. If you change your mind after reading later posts, go back and submit new guesses. If you fail to ever identify me correctly, I reserve the right to punch you in the kidney.

If having fun (and my kidney wrath) isn’t enough of an incentive for you, everyone who correctly identifies the mystery blogger for each post will be entered into a drawing to win a special prize from that blogger. I don’t want to give mine away, but it involves my chin hair, a picture of Lorenzo Lamas, and WD-40. Let your imaginations run wild.

Click here to get started with the Anonymous Secular Christmas game. Good luck!

41 Responses to “Fa La La Le Clown”

1. Ford Escort Berlin 08/21/2014 at 12:46 pm #

Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
    I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on. Any recommendations?

2. rent a range rover sport 08/15/2014 at 11:37 pm #

If you would like to take a great deal from this article then you have to apply these methods to your won website.

3. greens Supplement 08/15/2014 at 4:34 pm #

I’m no longer sure the place you’re getting your info, however great
    topic. I needs to spend some time studying much more or understanding more.
    Thanks for excellent info I used to be searching for
    this information for my mission.

4. cheap hermes handbags online 08/15/2014 at 3:43 pm #

cheap hermes handbags online
    It’s very simple to find out any topic on net as compared to books, as
    I found this post at this web page.

5. Desmond 07/05/2014 at 10:36 pm #

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was
    good. I don’t know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

6. gilvania gil 12/31/2013 at 3:15 am #

I’m from Brazil, I loved your blog

7. omtatjuan 12/30/2013 at 8:20 pm #

oh where oh where have you gone? Into the cyber ether…

8. The Hook 12/24/2013 at 4:33 am #

Everyone needs you, not just that clown!
    For example, I need you to answer five questions sometime next year.
    Interested?
    The Hook.

9. omtatjuan 12/18/2013 at 6:45 pm #

Your blog disappeared from my reader for some reason? I read that piece you did for Le Clown.. I knew it was your writing… It has your signature.. writing signature…

• Jen and Tonic 12/18/2013 at 7:05 pm #

Obviously your reader wants to come between us.

• omtatjuan 12/18/2013 at 7:13 pm #

No WP has all of a sudden has me reading Anderson Cooper updates… He combed his hair today and had a bagel with cream cheese. It that or the NSA is editing my reader…. why fewer words from your end? less posts… Right when we were getting used to you.

• Jen and Tonic 12/18/2013 at 7:55 pm #

I like Anderson Cooper so I’ll give the WP reader a pass. And yes, I know, was less words. I’ve got something in the pipeline, but have been focusing on overhauling my blog. I promise I’m not going away!

• omtatjuan 12/18/2013 at 7:58 pm #

Right when you were going into the deep Jen… You got ‘The It’ other writers would die for. I like the deep stuff… The cotton candy Jen I’d fun too…

• Jen and Tonic 12/18/2013 at 8:00 pm #

I’m not changing the writing, just giving this place a facelift.

10. Lori D 12/17/2013 at 10:06 am #

What a great idea. Have fun with it. :-)

11. Claire Duffy 12/17/2013 at 8:29 am #

Not fair, I just found you today so I need to read all your posts before I can properly play and I need to pack to fly to my parents’ tomorrow and get my niece another Christmas present because 1 year olds are so fun to buy for and also I don’t know where my suitcase is nor do I have any clean clothes. So I need time to stand still for a few days, okay?

12. Aussa Lorens 12/16/2013 at 8:55 pm #

Ah, this is a fun idea… I don’t know if I’ve been around long enough to properly guess, but I’ll try!

13. stephrogers 12/16/2013 at 8:28 pm #

I picked you for the first one, but then it could be someone else sounding like you. I may have to revise my guess when I read the rest. I follow all your blogs and read them all regularly, so let’s see. Game on. I want WD-40 and chin hair!

• Jen and Tonic 12/16/2013 at 8:43 pm #

If you don’t win, I’ll still mail you some of my chin hair. There is plenty to go around.

14. shreejacob 12/16/2013 at 5:00 pm #

I only follow yours and Rara’s blog…so I’m thinking I have a 50-50-ish chance? LOL..

• Jen and Tonic 12/16/2013 at 6:54 pm #

TEAM JENRA!

• jaklumen 12/16/2013 at 8:11 pm #

For the honor of Greyskull? Oh, wait, that was She-Ra.

• shreejacob 12/17/2013 at 1:08 am #

Ooo..I’m liking that! All the way! :D

• rarasaur 12/17/2013 at 3:03 am #

Team Jenra is the best name ever! We should totally have t-shirts! Except now I’m feeling bad because Speaker7 got punched in her virtual vagina, not more than a handful of comments up so maybe we should make it Team Jenra 7?

Also, that makes us sound like a space station. Which is excellent.

15. philosophermouseofthehedge 12/16/2013 at 4:20 pm #

Le Clown. “small operation” (Chortle) Game on

16. speaker7 12/16/2013 at 4:03 pm #

That kidney punch sounds fun. I’m guessing that Le Clown wrote this. Am I right? Do I get the kidney punch?

17. jaklumen 12/16/2013 at 2:25 pm #

Don’t punch me in the kidney, I’m so nauseated right now and if you did that I might make the horrible mistake of vomiting on you. Oh wait, a virtual punch? Hrm, I might still call out all my friends… y’know, “Raaaaaallllppphhh!” “Rose!” “Roooorrrrryyy!”

I’m not sure if it’s the pain, or some shared infection from my 6-year old son. He woke up at 0200 just having upchucked and… TMFI already.

• Jen and Tonic 12/16/2013 at 7:42 pm #

Your kid woke you up at 2:00? You should wake him up in the middle of his nap and say, “HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?”

• jaklumen 12/16/2013 at 8:11 pm #

Oh he’s 6, so he doesn’t really do naps anymore. And I suspect all of these is food poisoning due to a stupid mistake on my part.

• Becki Duckworth 12/27/2013 at 11:45 am #

That’s awesome why the hell did I not think of this..

18. Carrie Rubin 12/16/2013 at 10:07 am #

“chin hair, a picture of Lorenzo Lamas, and WD-40″—Wow, that would be like the coolest Christmas present ever!

19. daniheart21 12/16/2013 at 9:07 am #

Being that I don’t know a couple of the bloggers very well this could be challenging for me. lol

1. Group Therapy: December « HACKER. NINJA. HOOKER. SPY. - 12/29/2013

[…] “Losing a coffee shop is one thing, losing a bar is another. RIP your social life.” –Jen @ Sips of Jen & Tonic […]