12 Days of Christmas- Day 2

11 Dec

Hooked on Tonics, you are magnificent beasts! Yesterday was a very successful first day for the 12 Days of Christmas bonanza.

Recap:

• I discovered new bloggers, and I hope the rest of you did as well by reading through the comments section
  • @Freshly_Pressed took notice of the recommendations everyone sent
  • Madame “Midas Touch” Weebles managed to get A Smell Press Life Freshly Pressed!
Basically, we're taking over the internet

Basically, we’re taking over WordPress.

Big ups to everyone who participated! I apologize to those without a Twitter account as you weren’t able to fully participate, but that’s what the other 11 days are for! So what is today’s challenge?

Spreading a little (holiday) cheer.

The internet is wrought with trolls, malware and Aggregator sites which profit off of other people’s work. There are also tons of things out there that make us super warm in our hearts. Let’s focus on that today because I don’t want Sips of Jen and Tonic to become the Debbie Downer of the interwebz.

I want you to comment with a video, picture, inspirational blog, quote, song or whatever else that makes you happy. Just something that puts a little pep in your step for one reason or another. We can all read what everyone else has posted and get really happy and possibly naked afterwards.

I’ll go ahead and get the ball rolling by posting a few of my favorite videos on the internet. I’m choosing to post videos because I get lost in the YouTube web for hours, and consider myself a video connoisseur. Or I’m someone without a life. Either way.

Spandy Andy’s sexy beach party. This is a guy who wants to bring smiles to people by dancing all over the world in spandex. I love everything about this except for the fact that he stole my signature club dance move at :43.

Webcam 101 for Seniors. I want to be this badass and having this much fun with my significant other when I’m their age. A special shout out to them since they’re locals!

Deaf baby hears his mother after implant. I get super emotional after watching this video. Imagine your child hearing your voice for the first time after not being able to for 8 months. WEEP.

Okay, now on to the winners! Yes, I’ll be giving out two prizes today. One will be to Madame Weebles because she got someone Freshly Pressed. Worthy of a prize, no? Behold the power of The Weebmeister! *cue thunder and lightning*

The second prize will go to the person Random Number Generator picks, and that person is…Calahan! E-mail me to let me know which prize you want, and also to tell me how my brilliance knows no bounds.

Good luck on today’s contest kiddies!

145 Responses to “12 Days of Christmas- Day 2”

1. vyvacious 12/17/2012 at 4:50 pm #

Dang it, I have THE PERFECT video to show you but the one thing holding me back is that my full name is in the video. Dammittttttt. It’s very Batman-y and very Vyvacious. Complete with me prancing around in my Batman costume showing off my bellydancing skills AND all my Batman paraphernalia… I think I’ve said too much.

• Jen and Tonic 12/19/2012 at 11:12 am #

TELL ME EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU!!!

• vyvacious 12/19/2012 at 12:24 pm #

BLAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!

Let me see what damage control I can do before releasing this beauty to the blog masses :P

2. davidhardingblogs 12/11/2012 at 11:43 pm #

You wanna know what makes me happy? Whales! Whales make me happy!!

3. timmer 12/11/2012 at 8:12 pm #

Murdered. These videos have murdered me with enjoyment.

4. mabukach 12/11/2012 at 6:50 pm #

First – high five, Weebles, and congrats, Calahan.

I have a horribly unhealthy obsession with Talking Heads and David Byrne – they (he is) are my inspirado!

• Jen and Tonic 12/11/2012 at 9:44 pm #

People used to JAM back in the day. Nobody gets funky like this anymore.

5. writerwendyreid 12/11/2012 at 5:49 pm #

This makes me smile….as well as gush. :-)

6. The Bumble Files 12/11/2012 at 5:27 pm #

Great videos, Jen. They cover the full range of ages even. My son thought the speedo guy was going to get arrested. No, no, just shaking his ass. (I didn’t say that to him!)

• Jen and Tonic 12/11/2012 at 9:42 pm #

On his Facebook page he did say that he’s gotten kicked out of places, but he says most people are really cool about it. Honestly, how can you NOT smile at someone who just wants to dance around and have a good time?

7. vyvacious 12/11/2012 at 4:49 pm #

I started crying when the guy slaps Spanky Andy’s ass! Hahahaha, freaking hilarious!! And HOLY SHIT THAT BABY IS A CUTIE PIE!!!!! I will have to peruse the internet to find my favorites to link back to you :)

• Jen and Tonic 12/11/2012 at 9:41 pm #

That surprised me! I guess Australians are friendly ;)

• vyvacious 12/11/2012 at 10:17 pm #

I wouldn’t mind some of that friendly attention from some of those Australian boys if ya know what I mean ;)

8. Lyssapants 12/11/2012 at 4:22 pm #

9. Viciously Sweet 12/11/2012 at 4:12 pm #

It’s Christmastime… and I’m addicted to this:

I want to do this everywhere I go this Holiday Season!

• Jen and Tonic 12/11/2012 at 9:38 pm #

That moment when he’s dancing like a maniac next to the guy on the couch is hilarious!!!!!!

• Lyssapants 12/11/2012 at 9:52 pm #

Ok, so I have seriously wanted to be a part of a flash mob soooooo bad and this video reminds me of that like cake reminds someone of a diet.

• Lyssapants 12/11/2012 at 9:55 pm #

This guy needs to get together and do a video with the spandex guy.

10. Madame Weebles 12/11/2012 at 3:26 pm #

Wooo hooo! I love winning stuff. I will gracefully bow out of today’s challenge to let someone else bask in the glory, but also because I can’t decide what video I would post. There are too many good ones. I love the ones posted here, though, a lot of these are vids I hadn’t seen before.

• Jen and Tonic 12/11/2012 at 9:35 pm #

I hadn’t seen a lot of these videos either. Everyone has impeccable taste though.

Send me your prize choice and address!