NaNoWriNO Day 30
Topic: THE END!!!!!!
I must confess, I am kind of sad NaNoWriNO is over. It felt a bit like running a marathon. The first week started off pretty easily, and I was overly confident about the challenge. The second week got slightly more difficult, but I managed to power through it. The third week I basically wanted to die. This last week seemed to be relatively painless because of the endorphin rush, or maybe because of all the drugs I do.
Were all of my posts great? Hell to the no. Did I put forth effort so that nothing was a total waste of internet space? You betcha.
Let’s break down my NaNoWriNO experience, shall we?
- I completed it (sweet mother of all things holy, I COMPLETED IT)
- I realized I can write every day, and more than just “Why does my breath smell like cat litter?” on a random post-it note
- I had a ton of fun doing it despite my constant whining
- I gained new followers, and found new bloggers
- The birth of my Phonics by Tonic™ greeting card line! (thanks again Bill Friday)
- Some of you seemed to actually enjoy this
- I opened up and wrote a little more personally than I normally do on this blog
- Some of the comments made on my posts made me guffaw
- I learned that I waste a lot of time on Facebook or Pinterest or David Hasselhoff fansites when I could be writing
- Sleep deprivation
- No time for other hobbies
- Mandatory posts took the joy out of writing them at times
- Wishing I had more time to brainstorm about certain topics I picked
- I deviated from the challenge a couple of times
- I probably made typos in more than a few places
- One of my favorite things about blogging is reading other people’s blogs, and I didn’t have nearly enough time for that
- Keeping up with comments
So, it was mostly good. NaNoWriNO was definitely a win!
Here’s how the posts fared…
Top 3 Viewed
Top 3 Commented
Top 3 Crowd Favorites
I want to sincerely thank all of you for sticking by me during this challenge. I know it’s not easy to take time out of your days to read this many posts, and I really appreciate all of the participation. I seriously don’t think I would have made it through the challenge if people weren’t interacting as much as they did.
I also want to send a huge shout out and thank you to my girl, Speaker7. She jumped on this runaway train with me, and I think she did an amazing job. If you aren’t following her yet you should be.
Lastly, I want to give a nod to those who completed NaNoWriMo which is NaNoWriNO’s older, more belligerent brother. This is a huge accomplishment, and I like to give props where props are due. I’ll link to “I’M DONE!” posts as I see them come in. If you want me to link to yours, just leave it as a comment below.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to catch up on some sleep.
The Bumble Files – I’m a NaNoWriMo Winner! I did it!
The Eff Stop – Lorri Anna Banana
Thanks again, Hooked on Tonics!